Like Jesus, we can decide, daily or instantly, to give no heed to temptation (see D&C 20:22). We can respond to irritation with a smile instead of scowl, or by giving warm praise instead of icy indifference. By our being understanding instead of abrupt, others, in turn, may decide to hold on a little longer rather than to give way. Love, patience, and meekness can be just as contagious as rudeness and crudeness.


By paying more attention to what we are rather than exclusively to whatwe do, our public and our private persons will be the same—the man or the woman of Christ. Our intrinsic value is not dependent upon mortal acclaim anyway; in fact, the world may actually see us as weak and foolish 

from The Tuggs and Pulls of the World  Neil A. Maxwell

I need to smile instead of grouch with my kids and husband.  Lately, I am feeling so tired of teaching and reteaching.  Hmmm, maybe the Lord is tired of teaching and reteaching ME!!  We enjoyed playing dominoes, zarahemla and wackee 6 today.  Victoria and I made Aunt Marian's famous jello squares.  Isabelle is working on a cookbook for Sam when she leaves for college.  Casey and Sam repassed off a bunch of scripture mastery and memorized 2 new ones.  16 down, 9 to go!!  I figured out why I love primary today.  When you teach primary you get to teach plain old gospel truths.  You aren't worried about offending anyone or answering the what if's or but this or that.  The kids don't come up with exceptions or excuses.  It's just plain truth.  Their hearts are open to hear and feel.  I love primary!

Comments

Kristy said…
Hi friend. This is Kristy Marchant - your family piano lady ;)

Tracy is in the middle of his Radiology residency and I am crazy with kids and summer break making me want to scream. How do you manage your kids in the summer? (or all the time really) Do you have them practice? are they doing any summer or home schooling with you? What kind of schedule do you run? - do you mind me asking? I don't know any residents here in mississippi that are lds or that have children for that matter. I was always so impressed with how smoothly your home ran I hope to someday figure it all out. Thanks, Kristy

Popular Posts