Racing, hair cuts and plucking...

We had a great weekend.  The kids ran well.  Casey has a lot less hair... on his head AND eyebrows!! Lucky for him he had very light eyebrows or should I say uni-brow?  30 minutes in the bathroom with a tweezers and lots of OUCH, OH, AUGH's and we finally tamed the beast.  He was ordained a priest today.  He's such a character.  I love his lighthearted, funny personality.  I hope he takes seriously the counsel given in this past General Conference.  There so much for him to learn and become.  He has such great potential.  It's overwhelming as a mother to see and recognize the workings of the adversary.  However, the peace I feel when I see and recognize the workings of the spirit is so empowering.  I know that if they will seek his guidance and I can help them recognize it they will follow it.  There are times I wonder, "What is my role here?  What's the plan?"  I'm realizing more and more my plan, my role is to raise these children, nothing more, nothing less.  I won't find fame or fortune.  I won't be revered by men.  Mine will be a quiet life influencing my family.  I'm finding joy in my plan, my role... laughing in the bathroom as we pluck my 16 year old boys uni-brow!

Comments

Popular Posts