"WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FUN TODAY!" repeated Victoria, MANY times in a screaming voice.  This has become a standard phrase around our house.  I think I had a bit of inspiration today!  I asked her, "What did you do today to become like Christ?  That IS why you are here.  We aren't here to "have fun."  We are suppose to be practicing what Jesus taught us.  So, what have you done today to practice?"  This lead into a family discussion.  We talked about why we really are here.  What we should be spending our time doing.  This lead into how Satan uses counterfeits to confuse us and lead us off track.  Fun is one of those counterfeits.  Heavenly Father offers us joy and happiness.  We often confuse fun for happiness.  We get so caught up in what the world tries to pass off as happiness we sometimes get caught on the "fun train."  It is easy to see where that train leads... disappointment, regret, loneliness.  It's made things clearer for me, especially working with the youth.  I see how many of them have come to accept the fun counterfeit and the adverse affects it has on youth activities.  I can't fault them, I've fallen for it at times.  It's interesting how much influence the world has.  It is SO loud and convincing.  However, as I listen and study the words of our apostles and prophet things become very clear... and I become that much weirder:)

Comments

Popular Posts