9:03 AM started the following text conversation.

C- I'm tired of this stupid British Literature.  I can't read or understand anything.

M- I'm sorry.  I'll try to help you.

C- I should be able to do it all by myself, it shouldn't be this hard.

M- That's not a typical HS class.

C- Then why am I taking it?

M- It's required from American School

C- I know.  But why is it so hard?

M- It's preparing you for college:)

C- Whatever, I am so tired of it I may just burn it!

M- You make me laugh!!!!

C- I might decide not to graduate and just take the GED because of this stupid class.

M- You are allowing a minor bump in the road to throw you completely off course.  I think you need to talk to your Heavenly Father.

(Back story... Casey took the ACT(bump) & didn't do as well as he had hoped.)

C- Well, maybe.  So I have a better idea, complete the whole class today from what I know and make up.  And send it in.

M- Nope

C- Well then what am I suppose to do, I can't read any of the passages.

M- Take a break, pray, relax and listen.

C- I prayed this morning that I could understand them.

M- That may not be God's will.

C-Ok, so then what am I suppose to do, answer the questions from no knowledge?

M- Take a break, pray, relax and listen.  No more British Lit today.

C- Why not? I need to complete school fast.

M- You have until the end of November.

C- Everyday not studied is one less day I get done.

M- I love you Casey.  I hope you can pull yourself out of this mood and see the beauty and blessings surrounding you:)

C- I do, I just see the bad in British Lit and the Stinking AC stinkin T!

M- It's a mole hill, you are making it a ginormous mountain.  Humble yourself... before Heavenly Father has too.

C- Maybe he already has or doing it right now.

M- Then be humble and stop kicking.

C- OK

I am grateful I get to have these conversations with my kids.  That the gospel is such a part of our life that it is a part of our everyday conversations.

Comments

Popular Posts