Today was a great day.  I've noticed a young man for a while now.  He seems lonely, a little lost.  Today I had the opportunity to talk with him.  I love when the Lord allows me to connect with another heart.  I complimented him on his mullet and suggested a mustache to go with it.  He's a sweet young man, one with an easy smile and good heart.  I asked about school and his future plans.   I asked what he wanted to do and he said I don't know.  That's when I said, "You can do anything, move to New York City..." He responded with, "There's too many people there."  I agreed and we both agreed it would be a great place to visit.  We talked about money and college expenses.  I asked if he was lonely and he let me into his heart a little bit.  We talked about a mission and how he wasn't sure it was for him.  My mom and dad had there struggles and as a family... dysfunction was our strong suit but amid that dysfunction they instilled in me the gift to love and accept people where they are.  As an adult I've learned more and more God really does have a plan for all of us but He will allow us our agency to choose.  The amazing part is that He loves us and is so very patient with us as we choose our paths, constantly there to guide, correct, comfort and always love.  Learning those truths has blessed me with a greater ability to trust Him and wait upon Him.  I don't freak out (as badly) when those I love use their agency differently than I would, when they go down roads I know will bring trial and heartache.  I hope that young man felt a little bit of his Heavenly Father's love today as we sat and talked.  I hope He will allow me more experiences like that.

Comments

Popular Posts