Christmas 2017

I can't begin to express the feelings of my heart.  It is so full.  Life is nowhere near what I had invisioned.  However, this family Ryan and I have created is magical.  There is fighting and crying, anger and tears, happy and sad, name an emotion and we have experienced it.  But somehow there is this love and belonging that truly is magical.  We all huddled around the computer today waiting with anticipation for the hour we would have with Casey.  We had Sam on video.  I could tell something wasn't quite right.  Come to find out she was a bit distraught earlier.  You see, she was floating past Haiti trying to get an internet connection and it wasn't going well.  She had already missed Thanksgiving with us.   And even though she was on a cruise with Phil and his family, a bit of her heart really wanted to be home in Kansas City crowded around the computer with us.  She went through a slew of tissues.  Thankfully, things worked out and she and Phil were able to join in on the hour of laughter with Casey.  We have so much fun chatting with him. Every time we are caught off guard when he says, "I only have 15 minutes."  My heart aches just a little bit knowing that we have to say goodbye.  There are no perfect families.  But this family is perfect for me.  They help me grow.  They let me love them, make mistakes and laugh.  They are my treasure, they have my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts