It's the 4th of July & Ryan is working...again!   Most of our kids don't realize they are missing fireworks on the 4th yet.  Ryan has worked the evening shift on this holiday for most of our life together.  So, I get the kids to bed by 7:30 & decide to go veg in front of the TV.. I know I should go for a run.  I just don't want to.  I click the TV on & start surfing... do you call it surfing when you only have 5 channels?  Anyway, ET is doing a thing on swimsuits!  I watch  another minute.  I click the TV off, get my running attire on, download a few new songs for the ipod & head for our hilly route.  I'm so glad I went.  It feels good to be out.  It rained today but the suns out & going down.  Riddle by Five for Fighting starts to play.  I'm heading down the hill in the picture & get this overwhelming wave of emotions.  There really is a point to this crazy thing called life.  God does live & knows me.  Jesus Christ is my Saviour.  If I can just stay focused and follow the plan, life is going to be okay.  I finish my run & stretch a little.  As I head inside our neighbor shoots off a couple fireworks.  I call into Samantha & Casey... everyone else is asleep now.  We play some ball as we wait for the sun to go down & the show to start.  Ryan pulls in early...9:45pm and we watch our neighbors fabulous fireworks show together.

Comments

Popular Posts