Quiet evening at home...


It's Saturday night, Ryan's at work until 2AM, the kids are bathed & in bed, I hear a revving engine.  The doorbell rings & the guy I bought the 4-wheelers & dirt bike from is there delivering the little 4-wheeler(70).  I take it for a spin... yes it will carry me.  We talk a little, he asks if ALL 6 are mine.  He had 4 in 6 yrs.  I'm sure all kinds of memories race through his head.  I call into Casey & Sam (everyone else is sleeping or so I thought...)  they come out & take it for a spin.  After messing around a bit we come inside.  I hear Victoria whimpering.  Samantha checks on her & Casey follows then yells, "She pooped on her floor."  Luckily she's been eating a lot of dairy lately!  I pick the firm golf ball sized poop up & look for any other spots.  I see what I think is one.  I say, "Sam, that's poop."  She responds, "No, I don't think so.  I think it's chocolate."  Too much experience in this area tells me that is NOT chocolate.  I tell her to smell it.   Well, she sticks her finger IN it.  Had she just smelled it first she would have known better than to put her finger IN it.  We finish cleaning up the mess, so I think.  I keep smelling poop.  Victoria starts complaining her PJ's are wet... no such luck, just more poop!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE POOP!  This is why I have no pets.  This is why my husband has no pets.  This is why my children have no pets.  This is why if it were up to me my NEIGHBORS would have no  pets!  Everyone is now  back in bed.  Victoria is in my bed.  Tressa calls & we are enjoying a quiet conversation as I finish up some dishes.  I look into my room & see that Victoria isn't in bed.  I think, "I should check on her."  She gets into my lotion, make-up, etc on an hourly basis.  I keep talking & doing dishes.  I finish up & go see what she's up too.  She has applied misc. items to her face leaving all the tubes, bottles, etc. strewn across our bathroom floor.  I start cleaning up & find a stand of hair, then another, then a large clump.  I look up at her with the hair in my hand.  She says, "Dad cut his hair.  Dad cut Casey's hair.  I cut my hair."  I swear this child will be the death of me.  I just don't know if I have what it takes to stay on top of her.  Well, I am thanking my lucky stars its summer in Ohio... lots of humidity.  With all her curls you don't notice too much that she took the scissors to her own hair.  I put her in the bath.  She plays while I clean up.  We put new PJ's on (actually her swimsuit) she snuggles up next to me on the couch & falls asleep as I finish the conversation with Tressa.  I tuck my sweet adorable monster in bed.  The perfect end to a "quiet evening at home..." a bowl of vanilla ice-cream topped with homemade carmel & pecans eaten in utter silence.

Comments

Kristen said…
You crack me up. I love hearing about your adventures with your 6. I know you are an amazing mom and hope one of these days to get our kids together. I need to remember that "things" can wait...children can not, I love that.

Popular Posts