Sundays...

Today is definitely a lemon juice on my raw abraded buttocks day.  It started about 2 AM.  Casey woke us up with a bloody nose.  I was so tired.  I rolled over and pleaded with Ryan to take care of it.  He happily did so.  Unfortunately, Casey's nose wouldn't stop bleeding & Ryan was trying to stuff some spongy thing up it.  Casey was obviously not enjoying this.  After so much crying & yelling, as a mother, the guilt wins out & you get up.  I put the toilet seat down, pulled Casey onto my lap and wa-la, instant calm.  It's amazing how much comfort & calm comes from sitting on your mom's lap... even for an almost 10 yr. old boy.  Unfortunately, I haven't been sleeping well so the rest of the morning was a bunch of tosses & turns.  Ryan left me with a kiss & "do you want me to call later?" at 6:30 AM for meetings.  He's my telephone alarm clock.  The kids are up, I am up, Ryan's called & we're looking good for leaving on time for church.  Then the telephone rings again, the missionaries need a ride for a new member.  Yeah, that's fine let her know to be ready by 9:10 -9:15 am.  I get off the phone & give everyone a five minute warning.  Rebekah can't find her red flip-flop that matches her red shirt & skirt.  Porter is still in his pajamas.  Victoria has changed how many times?  Casey can't find his church shoe... only 1 is missing.  Rebekah comes back and needs her skirt pinned... it's pink.  Why did she change... so her shoes would match her outfit.  She has her sandals on... she didn't find her red flip-flop.  Victoria is in the car ready to go.  Porter is in major high water cords... yes in the summer hence the flip-flops on his feet.  At least he has his white shirt & tie on.  Isabelle has actually been a dream this morning.  Sam was great, she helped Porter get dressed...!  I look for Victoria's blankie but someone says she has it in the car, great... one less thing to find this morning.  Casey still can't find his shoe & refuses to wear his tennis shoes.  I give him 2 minutes... we leave without Casey.  The girls get an earful about not helping his brother find his shoe.  Obviously it's not my fault... I only got out of bed at 8 am... hmmmmm.   2 miles down the road Isabelle says, "I think I know where Casey's shoe is."  WHAT?  We turn around & look for Casey's shoe in the "pile" Isabelle thought it was in... that was the shoe he had ON!  A few frustrated words later with sandals in hand Casey got in the car & off we went to be spiritually fed for the day.  Victoria starts crying for her blankie.  "Can someone please give Victoria her blankie?  What?"  It's not in the car & doesn't go to church with us.  We end up getting to the woman's house at 9:22 am... not too bad but still late.  We get to church with 2 minutes to spare.  We all file in.  Maybe this won't be a total lemon stinging day.  Ahh but alas the burning begins.  Porter wants what Victoria has.  Isabelle wants... I don't remember.  Rebekah is whispering too loud.  Isabelle is complaining too loud.  Porter is pouting.  Victoria takes 3 pieces of sacrament bread.  I think about motioning for Ryan to come get her.  He is obviously sitting up on the stand.  I just can't do this today.  Please just let them sit nicely.  I take Victoria out once.  She promises to be reverent... 2 yr. olds break a lot of promises.  I sit there letting the lemon really get burning... finally I take the 3 youngest ones out & sit in the Relief Society room.  At least I can hear the talks... in between the screams & cries.  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...ahhhhhhhh the closing prayer & NURSERY.  WHAT... of course Victoria pushed Jesi & refuses to apologize.  So, like I said it is definitely a lemon juice on my raw abraded buttocks day. (:

Comments

Kristen said…
I love your blog and that I can see what you are up to. And it makes me laugh. Hopefully we can keep in better touch with our blogs. I do sometimes miss those college days, especially after a doozy with little ones.
Ben and Laurie said…
Wow--it's hard to believe there was a time when your kids weren't perfect in church :)

Popular Posts