Shopping...

Ryan is always giving me such a hard time about not shopping for myself.  I have never enjoyed shopping.  Maybe it started when I would slide down as low as possible when my mom would park RIGHT in front of the second hand store.  Or maybe when I hid on the floor as she checked out the local garage sales.  Maybe it was when my friends would ask me "are those new jeans, where did you get them?"  The answer was always the same, "Yeah, I don't know.  I hate to shop, my mom picked them up for me."  I over came my fear of garage sales & second hand stores pretty quick when we started having kids & not enough money to clothe them.  95% of my wardrobe is hand-me-ups from my  younger sisters.  Thank heaven for little sisters.  I can honestly say I have NEVER enjoyed shopping.  Maybe it is the extra 10 pounds I always want to lose.  Or the extra 6 helpers I always seem to have with me.   One of these days when I finally lose those 10 pounds I need to have my sisters come to town & play personal shopper for a day.  For whatever reason, I am not a shopper.  When I have to shop I get so overwhelmed.  Today I went to pick up a few toys, a brush, & food dish for our "visitor".  WAY too many choices!   I was at Pet Smart for over an hour.   They need to make an Aldi for dogs! 

Comments

Popular Posts