typical sunday.

Ryan was making sandwiches.  He was a little annoyed with the kids not running to the kitchen giving their undivided attention to him.  After grouching a bit then deciding he wasn't making anyone sandwiches I lost it.  I lit into him with the "speech"...  you get up, shower, feed yourself & leave for church... I get everyone bathed, ready, fed, & to church early... you sit on the stand while I sit struggling with OUR 6 kids... you stay late for "stuff" while I come home & feed our kids... then half the time you nap & leave for the rest of the day!  don't give me this, "if they don't tell me what they want I'm not making their sandwiches CRAP"  Then came the other "speech"... you go to work & order people around all day... nurses jump at your every order... well, that's not how it works here! end of speeches.  Not quite sure what got into me today.  Obviously I'm not feeling quite myself, a little irritable & a bit blue.  Ryan took a nap & left for work.  The kids had cold cereal for dinner & whatever else they could find...  I wonder when Sundays will become enjoyable?   tomorrow is Monday... oh how I hope it goes better than today.  

Comments

Maren said…
I love how real you are Jonnette! You are an amazing wife and mother doing a GREAT job with those beautiful angels. I am thinking Sundays will get better and better as the years go on. Monday is bringing a whole new day for you =D
Kristen said…
Jonnette, you crack me up. You say it like it is and I remember having similar conversations with my honey (multiple times). Somehow, Sundays are sometimes the hardest day of the week. I do remember peaceful Sundays in college going to the canyon or hanging out or even bustling for Sunday dinner guests. But when things are calm again for us on Sundays, we will wish they weren't because our kids will be all grown up!

Popular Posts