One of those days turns into one of THOSE days...

Every school year starts out well.  Everyone is excited & enjoying the time with friends.  Soccer starts up & we are going a million miles a minute.  Sam is on the Jr. High team & has practice or games M-Th and some Saturdays.  I am "coaching" Casey & Rebekah's team.  Porter & Isabelle are playing on Uncle Andy's team.  So, Sam goes one way with Ryan & often times Victoria.  The rest are off & running with me.  Games are at 5:30 & 6:45.  That means the kids aren't in bed until after 8:30PM.  This is pretty late for our regular bedtime of 7PM.  They are up each morning by 6AM.  After running like this for a few weeks we usually have a few melt downs.  Well, this afternoon was one of them.  Sam came home from picking berries & grabbed a popsicle.  Everyone else had already had two.  Isabelle started yelling & carrying on about how unfair it was for Samantha to eat in front of them & that she was getting one too.  Sam starts explaining how it was fair... blah blah blah.  Isabelle had already been very grouchy the past few days.  She had been warned that she would miss soccer blah blah blah.  I send her to her room & tell her "no soccer!"  Well, all everything breaks lose... screaming, whaling, slamming, etc.  After about an hour she calms down & is laying on her bed with her shuffle playing.  I praise her for such a good idea & explain to her how that is what she needs to do more... when she gets upset come in lay on her bed and listen to her music til she feels better.  Well, she then bursts into tears & sobbing tells me how the girls at school won't let her play with them.  Well, the hair on the back of my neck is standing up at this point & I'm screaming in my head, "I hate them for you!"  I can hardly keep my own tears away.  I just hold her & tell her how sorry I am.  We talk about the different incidences & figure out that 1 girl is doing the talking.  She'll tell Isabelle she can't play or sit by them before her friend arrives.  The hardest part is Cambria a really good friend just left on vacation before this started.  I WISH I HAD BOYS!  I'm not sure if I can make it through all this girl stuff, it was hard enough when I was going through it... but watching the pain others inflict upon my girls... I'm pretty sure it's going to be unbearable.  My heart physically aches for Isabelle.  I want to "fix" it but am trying to walk her through it letting her take the lead & make the decisions.  She's decided to invite her friend over after school tomorrow.  I've encouraged her to let her know how much it hurts her when she gets left out.  I'm pretty sure Isabelle will tell her.  

Comments

Popular Posts