We had a fabulous night last night.  
It started at 4:30 driving to Columbus 
(I'm sure Ryan will have lots to add here!).
While finding a parking spot Andy walked back to our car & Sam says, "Your NOT very dressed up!" I can just here the thoughts in her head, "Hmm... and I couldn't wear my Geddes Reunion t-shirt & jeans to the play." She was a bit exasperated upon seeing Rachel in flip-flops at dinner. I reminded her Rachel was also in a SKIRT! Looking for a low maintenance girl... look no further! She would be happy in sweats & a T for the rest of her life. Ryan made the comment, "I wonder what she'll wear on her wedding day" ...flip-flops no doubt! We ate dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse. We all agreed we want one of those tables with the built in grill in our "dream homes". Can you imagine... mealtime would be so fun. The food was fabulous. The favorite was shrimp. The kids loved the fire & the chef cooking in front of us.

When leaving Cooper found a fire hydrant... everyone wanted a turn.

We were trapped in the parking garage for a little bit, only finding exits marked monthly exit only... "you can only leave once a month?":) I wish I had a picture of Andy screaming out his window as he tried getting us out of the parking garage. We found Coops Paint.
Got a kick out of it since there's Porter Paints
Found another parking garage... a bit more user friendly. 
And headed for the show.
Andy was able to get tickets for both of our families early through one of his employees. We've had the tickets for a year. We were told to take the kids to the bathroom before... it's a long show. Well, while heading the warning I dropped the tickets into the toilet! The ticket taker looked at me a bit oddly & commented, "a little wet?" I didn't offer any explanation, just smiled & nodded. The seats were AMAZING (thanks Andy!). The Fuhriman's were in the 2nd row & we were in the 3rd row, center stage!

The kids loved every minute. After the first scene Porter looked at me a bit confused & asked,"is it over?" He continued to ask the same question after each scene. Ryan only fell asleep once (during the loudest part... the hyenas). My favorite through out the show was Rafiki. She was amazing. The music was fabulous. The costumes were incredible... never in a million years would I ever had been able to imagine them.
The fun continued on the way home as we joked about the rumblings of our tummies & the "olfactory effects" Ryan added to the show.   Perfect for Pumba!  Andy, did you smell anything funny?  That Japanese gas is dangerous...

Comments

Autumn said…
Its been too long since I've looked on here. I love your header. Did you have someone on etsy make it-or did you? It looks great. The pool pix on the bottom are sooo great. I love the preschool drop out pic. That's so cute... She will surely be ready SOME day! :)

Popular Posts