WEDNESDAY... AKA a great and dreadful day


starts out with tired grouchy kids... late night of soccer on Tuesday
continues with a grouchy 3 yr. old helping with Intermediate School (grades 3-5) pictures
a forgotten lunch date with Isabelle (still having problems with girls in school)
a crotchety old bat called a secretary telling me I have to call ahead to spend an afternoon with my child at a PUBLIC school!   
(no, I'm not a little BENT!)
followed by a teacher explaining to me that I would be disruptive to her assessing & how if one parent spends the afternoon at school EVERY child would want their parent to come to school with them, HMMMM... wouldn't that be nice, a parent volunteer everyday!
A very ticked off mom leaving a crappy school thinking multi lettered expletives (& I thought I had gotten rid of those!)
Then starts the after school piano lessons & Isabelle's after school meltdowns.
After 2 hours of piano, running kids all over in between lessons, & on our way to Sam's soccer game I am literally unraveling faster than Aladdin's magic carpet.
Isabelle is screaming & kicking my seat at this point & the volume on the radio begins to increase.  
I can now feel the music vibrating under my feet & the speakers are past their max.
A magical thing happens... all the noise stops!
I turn the music down... Isabelle starts in again... the music goes up... the noise stops...
I tell her if she is quiet I'll turn the music down... we enjoy low volumed music the rest of the drive!
Kids jumping on me during the game
Snickers & M&M's for everyone... 
even though they are $0.75 a piece... 
anything for a little cooperation!
The game ends, we load up & off we go... 
Ryan feeds everyone while I take a little time out in our room.
I have the best partner in parenthood I could ask for...  
thank heaven for that!

Comments

Popular Posts