Homecoming Parade

Samantha was in the Homecoming parade.  She's on the Jr. High soccer team & they had a float... can you believe they still do this!  It was so funny to see the Homecoming Queen & her attendants riding in the convertibles... talk about walking down memory lane or should I say nightmare lane!  You couldn't pay me enough to go back to high school!  Not that I didn't have fun.  I just don't like the person I was then.  I'm not looking forward to going through it with my kids.  I'm not sure which will be worse.  Anyway, we packed everyone up plus a few cousins & headed to the parade.  The kids had a ball, collecting a TON of candy.  I'm paying the price now as I sit & type running back & forth to the bathroom.  I think I've learned my lesson... candy IS poison*!  We came home, started a fire, opened the pool & jumped on in.  Here are a few photos.

It was only 60* that night.  It's amazing how much a fire warms things up.  The next morning it was 50* you can see the heat coming off the pool... the kids still jumped in & swam until it was time to go to Sam's soccer game.  They won.  Sam scored a goal.

After tucking everyone in bed Ryan & I went back out to sit by the fire & talk for about an hour.  All in all it was a fabulous Friday night.  

* my mom use to tell us candy was poison... I think we were just too poor.  She didn't want us to think she was depriving us of something good.  I stole the $ from our paper route drawer & snuck down to the laundry mat for a Twix fix.  I say stole because the $ from our paper routes wasn't ours it was the family $ for milk & eggs... talk about child labor! Ha Ha

Comments

Popular Posts