Ohio definitely has it's perks.


Who's that in our pool... one of the many star toting moms?  
Naaa, just Aunt Jeanie with a massive eye infection!  

I have seen Jeanie more in the past 3 years than the 15 years after graduating high school.  I left BYU before she got there.  I moved to Chicago and 4 months later she moved to Provo.  I then moved to NY & she stayed in Provo.  She moved to Philly & I moved to KY.  The most we saw each other was an occasional day or two at weddings & graduations!   Then, she stayed in Philly & I moved to Ohio!  (a mere 6 hour drive)  Jeanie & I have been best friends forever.  The beginning was when she was in 6th grade & I was in High School.  The 6th grade was actually in the High School.  We walked to school together that entire year.  We also shared a twin bed.  She had her own room but preferred to sleep in my room.  We were both a bit smaller then... she still is small.  One of the perks was she would clean my room all the time.  I would tell her, "I'm running downstairs for a minute.  Surprise me when I get back."  She would always say no then clean like a mad woman because it was always much cleaner when I returned.   It just dawned on me, she still does this!  She is always doing my dishes & laundry while here.  Jeanie is the fastest worker I've ever known.  She bussed tables at the Ruby River for way longer than normal because they didn't want to loose such a fast & efficient busser!  They realized quickly she was just as good at serving... bringing home lots of moola to pay for her hubby's schooling!  The money was so good even after graduating with a degree she continued to serve.  It's hard to beat $20+ an hour!  Back to my point... Jeanie came to visit again.  We had a wonderful time.  The kids enjoyed swimming in 90* water.  They spent MANY hours paddling around.  Porter & Jaycie swam all day while the kids were at school then continued on until 6PM.  We were a bit worried about them going under & not coming back up.  It's fun to watch the relationships grow.  I have to admit, Tyler is VERY adorable but watching Jeanie nurse, bounce, change, etc. made those ill feelings in the pit of my stomach return.  I could not have another baby... another issue for another time.  I love the talks we have.  Jeanie is not only the speediest worker, she has the kindest heart.  Just knowing her makes me a better person.  When I'm bent about something I tend to call her first.  She is always able to see another perspective.  She tends to help me see things differently & in doing so helps me become a better person.  Everyone loves Aunt Jeanie.  She's the one that first taught them a back hand spring.  She wowed everyone by flipping backwards into a handstand & then walking in a circle.  She was 30 something with 2 kids!  Jaycie , Audrey, & Tyler are lucky to have her for a mom.  I am truly blessed to have her for a sister.

Comments

Popular Posts