Saturday Excursion

We packed up & headed out about 9:30AM; Ryan to work, the kids & me to Columbus.  Our itinerary included the Dollar Movie, thrift store, & Iron Pony; as well as seeing a man about a bike.  We liked the bike, payed the man, loaded it into the back of the suburban & off we went.  We weren't sure what time the thrift store closed on Sat. so we skipped the early movie & headed out to find a few bargains.  On the way we dropped by Burger King for a Whopper Jr.  I think I have converted the kids!  They have fallen in love with the Whopper.  I'm not sure what it is about this burger but I LOVE it!  I happened upon it in Chicago... they were only $0.99... for the big one!  It was a fast, cheap, & easy dinner.  I planned to let the kids eat in the car while I scoped out the thrift store, that was until I realized what part of town we were in.  We all headed in, it was SO busy you could hardly get around.  We quickly found the shoes.  The entire point in going shopping was Isabelle wanted "lots of shoes" like Samantha!  Well, Sam's shoes are all hand-me-downs!  I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on shoes Isabelle may or may not wear very often.  Hence, the trip to Columbus... Zanesville is NOT known for their 2nd hand shops.  We found her 4 pairs of shoes; Ugg boot look-a-likes, Merrell moc's., black & pink Vans, & very cute black slip-ons.  All for only $6.40!  GOAL ACCOMPLISHED  While there, we found a few pair of Nike & Adidas soccer shorts, Adidas swishy running pants(exactly like the ones Sam lost last year minus the holes!), Ugg boots for Victoria(if you don't know what Ugg boots are... they are UGLY boots that cost a LOT of money!  Sam desperately wants a pair... I guess they are not only way ugly but way comfy.),  a few T's, blah, blah, blah!  Off to the Movie... Kung Fu Panda.  We were running late & didn't have time to stop for snacks to smuggle in.  I rationalize: the movie is only $1.50, take the kids to a regular show it is $4 a ticket, buy the expensive candy at it's a wash!  To be completely honest it KILLS me to buy candy at the movie theater!!!!!  Again, that whole planning ahead idea may have helped!  The kids love the movie... I think it's okay.  As we are walking out Sam says, "We have to get that one!"  Off to the Iron Pony.  Any guesses as to what kind of store this is?  We find what we are looking for & start trying on & fitting sizes.  A VERY nice man stays & helps us until everyone has what they need in the right sizes.  6 kids + a tired, worn out mom does NOT = a fun customer to help!  I need to send him a thank-you note.  Off to the cashier... he takes the rest of my money!  I literally go home with 96 cents in my pocket.  Homeward bound!  I miss the on ramp, go in a LONG circle, then see the on ramp the 2nd time around.  A truck goes flying by... we go with him... he brings us all the way to Zanesville without a ticket.  Thankfully, Casey could not see the speedometer... he's always looking & telling me I'm speeding... like I don't know that!  I hate it, what am I suppose to say when he's haulin' at 16 yrs. of age & he's like, "you do it, mom!"  My mom ALWAYS flew.  She rarely did a full stop at STOP signs... another one of my bad driving habits.  I guess I can just blame it all on Grandma... she taught me how to drive by example!  Yeah, we'll just blame good ol' granny!  We get home as the sun's setting.  Rebekah hops on the bike and takes her 1st spin on a dirt bike... she LOVES it!  Everyone else jumps on the 4-wheeler with headlights and goes for a ride.  Ryan pulled in right behind us, literally.  We tuck everyone in bed & catch the OSU/Penn State game.  Then fall into bed utterly exhausted.  Only to awake to another Sunday...
to be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts