Some of the Best Advice I've Ever Heard

When your kids come & tell you something that blows your mind & has you running in circles, screaming... don't let them see you get riled.  Don't let them surprise you with ANYTHING they will EVER say or do.  

So, I'm at teacher conferences and the phone rings.  It's Casey.  "Mom?"  Yes.  "I broke Victoria's chair."  What?  "I broke Victoria's chair."  How?  "I passed out."  What?  "I passed out."  How?  "I was sucking the helium."  What?  "I was sucking the Helium."  Are you ok?  "Yes."  Tell me again what happened? ...the story repeats.  I guess Sam & Casey thought it would be fun to talk funny using helium.  Instead of blowing up a balloon they took turns sucking it out of the tank.  Believe me when I say I know how serious this is.  We had a good sit down talk, etc.  It was interesting to see Ryan's reaction... a little more riled than I had anticipated, along with a very stern, "people die from that!"  I was really proud of both Sam and Casey for coming to us & letting us know what went on.  It would have been very easy for them to hide the incident or at least cover it up.  It will be interesting to see how we do with not letting the kids freak us out with the info they come home with or the experiences they share.  I hope I can acquire a good poker face and a smooth, "hmm, what do you think about that?"  I'm sure there will be more "stupid" posts from both kids & parents alike!  

Comments

Tye Bauserman said…
....I must confess I have acutally thought about sucking it directly out of the tank...but I've always been afraid to try, I mean heck look at what it does to the balloon ;-)

Popular Posts