Stinky Attitudes... Elections

Getting back into the car after shopping Porter starts whining & complaining.  I begin the "change your attitude" lecture & brilliance pops into my head (loads of sarcasm).  It's 74* out & the car is warm so I'm rolling down my window as I'm telling Porter he has a stinky attitude.  I go on (here's the "brilliance") & say, "It's so stinky I have to roll down the windows to get all the stink out!"  Wa-La... a happy, smiley face appears along with a bit of giggling.  Each time his attitude took a turn towards the stink... down came the windows.  Victoria had a ton of fun swooshing the stink out the window with her hands.  

Next conversation:  I have one last stop, I have to vote.  Porter replies, "I voted today." Hmm, who did you vote for?  "umm, the man that starts with a B"  You mean Barack Obama?!  "Yeah, him.  Is that who you are voting for?"   No.  "Oh, you didn't tell me that."  Why did you vote for Obama?  "I don't know?"  What do you know about him?  "I know his favorite book is Harry Potter, he likes hiking, his favorite sport is basketball, and his favorite food is Chili."  (the chili sealed the deal... Porter LOVES chili!)  "The other man likes tacos, he likes to hike, & his favorite book is Soldiers."  Wouldn't it be fabulous if it were as simple as that!  Find the guy that has similar interests & beliefs... and is HONEST about them!  

Comments

Tressa Card said…
I love this story...amazing how us changing our attitudes can help our kids change theirs! I love you...you are a great example to me and I just love reading you blog. I know I don't comment much but I probably check it every day!!! Keep up the good work!

Popular Posts