Christmas Traditions #2

Gingerbread 
Royal Frosting
Candy... Candy... and more Candy!
Every year we made gingerbread houses for our elementary school teachers.  My memories are different from my mom's I'm sure.  I just realized this the other night after talking to her.  She mentioned to Samantha how for every one piece of candy I put on the house I ate two.  She told me I was the WORST about eating the candy... this does NOT surprise me.  I just remember getting in trouble.  We never had candy in our house... hence the adult addiction!  I don't remember getting to keep a gingerbread house either.  Well, if you come to our house during this beloved tradition you'll find a grown-up little girl completely over compensating.  We baked gingerbread, bought candy, invited cousins & friends, & had a ball.  We made 9 houses have 2 left for when Jeanie & her family arrive and gave 1 set of pieces away for another family to have a little fun.  I didn't start carrying on this tradition until 3 years ago when Eileen came to visit at Christmas.  She just HAD to make gingerbread houses with the kids.  I'm so glad she did.  They absolutely love creating their houses.  





Comments

Maren said…
Merry Christmas!! Cute ginger bread houses! Wait till you see the post of mine =/ Yup, store bought kit cause we NEVER get around to making our own gingerbread. Plus I let the boys handle it all...that would include Scott on the building part. I'll post a pic next week =) You are a great Mom Jonnette!!!

Popular Posts