Random thought...

The other day I was driving home with Victoria enjoying her conversation thinking... were the others just not as entertaining?  Obviously it was just that I was busy with babies when everyone else was this age... 2 babies most the time!  I started to reflect on all my "plans".  I was not going to be that mom that only had baby books for the first couple kids...  ha!  Well, 6 kids later Samantha's book is the most complete, Casey's a close second, Rebekah's a far cry from Sam's, Isabelle's has a couple pictures, Porter's doesn't exist, & Victoria's hasn't even been thought of yet!  Sometimes I start feeling so guilty.  However, a random thought happened into my head which brought a smile & quiet giggle... the Lord really does take care of everything!  We will all have a complete recollection of this life when we die!  Every child will remember their first word... steps... toys... favorite book... etc!  Their baby books have been kept & beautifully organized in their own little minds... 
I love the quote by Nancy Mitford.  
"The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life's essential unfairness."
How true it is.  Yet, just as true as Thomas Jefferson's.
"The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family."
Hopefully, the kids will look past the missing pages, value the time we spend together, cherish the memories made, and laugh hysterically at all the rest!

Comments

Popular Posts