The Madness has begun...


It's the annual Geddes Mayhem!  Young & old fill out their brackets with the hope of bringing home the coveted trophy!  During this time trash talks, tempers flare, tears flow, bedtimes die, laughter lingers, hope endures, while excitement explodes across this great nation... Geddes Nation that is!  Everyone's brackets are filled out & submitted.  Now the fun begins... Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 12:20 EDT.  Porter has anxiously awaited this covetous 1st game.  Casey is at school, Dad at work, the youngest Geddes man will have the privilege of officially watching the 1st game of the tournament.  I hold my breath every first round game... hoping Casey's BIG picks will rise triumphant.  He is the most emotionally charged kid at this time of year.  It reminds me of watching Illinois play Iowa as a kid.  This game could bring me to my knees... kicking & screaming all the way.  Sports have always brought out the worst in me.  I am finally... at the age of 37, able to watch a game and not loose it when "my team" doesn't show up!  I feel for the kid.  I remember feeling as if my blood was boiling, my head about to explode & the need to hit something... HARD!  Talk about rage... playing sports & loosing brought out the exact same feelings.  Heaven forbid it was a BOY beating me!  I am finally able to accept those darn female inequalities... not as graciously as I would like but nonetheless, accept them.  So, the excitement begins... Every year the same speech is given... it's just for fun, on any given day, any given team can beat any other given team!  We'll see how all fares! 

Comments

Popular Posts