Happy Birthday Mom!

Beverly Jean
April 3, 1945

Things I learned from my Mom...
early bedtimes even in the summer 
life isn't EQUAL
always have more food than needed... better to have too much than not enough!
don't sweat the small stuff
You can never tell a child I love you too much.
You can never hug & kiss a child too often.
how to...
 make a bed
fold sheets
work hard
serve
give graciously
cover the entire bread when spreading PB, Mayo, etc.

1 husband, 12 children, 32 & counting grandchildren
I would get so frustrated as a child peeling potatoes & coloring... mom could do it so much better.  I find myself in the same situation with my own children.  I tell them what she told me... "I've been peeling potatoes/coloring for a lot longer than you,  you'll get faster/better."  My kids ask me my favorite color.  I find myself repeating what my Mom would say to me... "Yellow, maybe green, I just love them all... I can't pick just one."  I'm not sure how my mom is still standing after the life she has lived.  You'll never meet a harder worker... I would put her up against any man, woman or beast!  She IS the energizer bunny... we are still trying to figure out a way to take her batteries OUT & get her to relax a bit!   Time spent with Grandma is a treasure in itself.  What a grand idea... Grandmothers!

Comments

Popular Posts