Jeanie was in a negative mood last week & while talking with her it slipped through the phone to me!  She's seeing rainbows this week while I am seeing dark clouds looming.  I've contemplated cutting off all relationships... becoming an island in a sea of people!  I tend to fail miserably with people, at least grown-ups, anyway.  Ryan tends to stay put out of fear.... fear of looking like a failure!  Just kidding...  I am quite pleased with that relationship as well as with my siblings... we all are crazy & don't know any better than to love each other.  I'm convinced that is why God created families!  I remember reading something on a personality test I once took, it went something like this... you don't tend to have lasting relationships.  I immediately thought about the single friend from H.S. I keep in semi-touch with, the single friend from college I really miss, the dear friend & parachute during Ryan's residency I talk to about twice a year & finally the single gal from KY that I keep tabs on.  I am not one for long-lasting deep relationships.  I tend to get disappointed easily & have exceptionally high, possibly unmeetable, expectations... a bit insane which leads to the "no lasting relationships".  I am also struggling with the unhappy kid syndrome!  I am surrendering to the skittle!  Ten little skittles on the piano... every wine, pout, complaint... I eat a skittle.  Ten little skittles in my pocket... every cry, yell, scream, disobedient behavior... I eat a skittle.  Ten little skittles in a jar... no piano, NO SKITTLES!  Isn't that disgusting... Ten little skittles have more power over my 6 rascals than I.  Ryan, Casey, Sam, & I are sitting down this weekend at the bargaining table... believe me there won't be much bargaining!  We are hammering out behavior contracts... we'll see how that goes.  


So my gratitude journal for today...


1.  I didn't hit a dear this year.

2.  My car has 130K miles & I've only replaced the brakes, a water pump & hose. 

3.  Ryan is still employed & has more available shifts to work than workable.

4.  It is sunny today... tomorrow & the next!

5.  Sisters... all kinds, they will always get you through & tell ya to pull your head out.

Comments

Kandi said…
you may not have long term close relationships, but you have lots of lives you've touched along the way. I love you...and hope that eventually we'll be able to hang out together again. I admire you and think about you all the time. You may not realize what an impact you've had on my life.
Kristen said…
You are one of the only people from college I keep in touch with and I think I am like you with exceptionally high expectations and easily get disappointed. But also with family taking first priority it is hard to keep in touch but I am thrilled with blogging and would love it if you did come to France with family. Sending lots of love.

Popular Posts