May 1st is approaching... FAST!

May 1st was always a FABULOUS day growing up.
1.  Terry's Birthday
2.  May Day Baskets!  
Carmel pop-corn & candy delivered to all your friends houses.  The trick was to deliver it & run... in hopes of not getting caught.
3.  Mom got out the SHORTS!  
We were officially allowed to wear shorts IF the temperature was above a certain degree.  Every morning consisted of "is it warm enough?"  If it wasn't obvious mom would say, "Call time & temperature."  Someone would run to the phone & dial... waiting for those magic numbers to be said.  
We have now added a #4
4.  The pool is open!  
After many frustrating hours this morning I am happy to report we are on schedule for a timely opening.  The pump is running, filter filtering, heater heating, & chemicals working their magic.  I LOVE the Internet, my handy sidekick Izy, and my good friend that answers all my dumb questions regarding pools & ATV's.  After getting a bunch of answers yesterday from Craig & still not having any luck getting the pump to pump I did a few searches.  Thankfully someone out there has had my same problem & was kind enough to post about it!  After this beautiful weekend the kids are SO itching for a dip.  They beg & plead to "just put their feet in"!  Unfortunately, the weekend weather report calls for thunderstorms.   Hmmm... we'll see!

Comments

kandi said…
awesome!!!!! I want a pool. Have fun!

By the way, it's Derby weekend....you haven't been out of KY that long. Fix some homemade derby hats out of paper grocery sacks and watch the derby.

Popular Posts