Gratitude Journal:

1.  Doors & locks... so I can hide in my bathroom while adding a buffer between me & the pounding of my bedroom door.
2.  Hot showers... so I can hide while buffering the pounding & yelling from outside my bedroom door.
3.  Loud music... so I can remain hidden adding another layer of buffering from the weeping, whaling, & gnashing of teeth outside my bedroom door.
4.  Hands... so I can cover my ears in the shower still listening to the loud music while trying to still buffer the noise coming from outside my door.
5.  My printed blog... 

So I will never forget these days & weeks.  So I hopefully don't cast judgement on someone else during their times of struggles no one sees.  So I can look back & remind myself of the way things get while raising 6 young kids.  So I can be sympathetic to that mom that just isn't "doing her best" or how & what we THINK she should.  So I can look back & see just how hard it really got sometimes.  I never want to forget these years, moments, times or tears.

Comments

I don't know what I'd do without my shower. There are days that I am afraid to go take my shower because I'm afraid that once I've made my escape, I may never want to go back out again. Alone time.

Popular Posts