Jonnette's side of the story... minus the pic's

NO thanks to Ryan we have photos... the kids thought this a bit funny, especially Samantha.  What the photo's don't show is Ryan caught the end parts... I actually did better than that... for a mom of 6 pushing 40!  Yes, I would definitely be in a higher weight class but he has youth(18), male, & muscles on his side.  It was quite the scene I'm sure, for a church breakfast.  It took me back to college years... "tag team wrestling".  Tara & I usually made up our team.  Steve-O & Tag the opposing team.  I don't know how it all got started.  But this is how it worked.  When Steve & Tag needed a study break they'd come knocking or vise-versa (Tara needing the study break... I tried to do as little of that as possible to my demise... 3.0 GPA).  If your thinking this sounds a little hanky-panky believe me... it was full on serious wrestling.  Tara & I could hold our own.  Tara played a little dirty... biting & scratching weren't beneath her.  I on the other hand have always played fair.  I can only remember one incident I used my nails... he was much bigger & it was for real.  I guess one more... again he was much bigger, tackled on the ground & I took a few sucker punches to his nose... that was bad.  Guys should just not fight girls.  I digress... so we'd have these tag team wrestling matches.  It was actually very fun & enabled me to let off a lot of steam.  I tended to have a lot of that back then.  I always had sports in H.S.  I can remember ripping my shoulder up every volleyball season.  I'd stand at one side of the gym & serve & hit the opposite side wall.  In track I would use my knee & hurdles.  I can't tell you how many times I went home with a throbbing knee always swollen & bruised, sometimes bleeding.  I just kept running those darn hurdles... smacking everyone of them down with my knee as hard as I could.  Anger management 101 highly needed at that point.  So, again the wresting definitely helped let off some steam.  I'm not sure what ever happened to Steve-O.  Tag just ran his dad's campaign for US president last year... no joking.  So, thanks Tye for the trip down memory lane, a few battle scrapes & a great laugh!  Thanks Ryan for not being embarrassed of your quirky wife...

Comments

Popular Posts