a bugs life in a geddes car...

So a few years back Ryan bought a bunch of bird seed for our bird feeder... in KY.  I guess he forgot to close the bag or the kids got into it.  After a while I noticed lots of flying bugs in the garage.  They kept getting into my car.  Finally I found the bird seed bags... FULL of bugs... the same bugs flying around in our garage & my car.  We took care of the seed but the bugs just kept showing up.  Each spring I would find these pesky flying things in my car.  After a few too many springs & no luck in getting rid of them I bought a bug bomb & set it off in my car.  I didn't drive anywhere for a few days... No more flying bugs!  THEN... the tiny black picnic looking bugs show up.  You see it was just last year that I set the bug bomb... I thought I got ALL of them.  It sounds like I have a disgustingly dirty car... I really don't.  We clean it out regularly.  I even vacuum it... well, Ryan does most of the time.  Today, when putting groceries in the back of the car... yep... BLACK BUGS!  Maybe it's time to buy a new car... or maybe another bug bomb.  So, I get the vacuum & get the thing totally cleaned out.  I even pulled the middle seat out... that's where I found my disgustingly gross surprise!  I was trying to vacuum in the openings under the seat & the clippy things gave loose & there it was... every cracker crumb, candy, crayon, etc. that slipped into that little space by the seat belt thing!  Believe me, when I vacuum I stick the vacuum down the seat belt hole.  I didn't know you could take the underneath part apart & find all the "left-overs" for about... say... 9 years of baby, toddler, little kid, & big kid stuff!  I found the bugs too... their little crackly gross shell they emerged from... as well as a few larva!  I HATE BUGS!  I really do!  They make my skin crawl.  As I was cleaning up this oh so lovely mess... my mind turned to a few things I read this morning in the scriptures... "the ground will be cursed for their sakes."  In Genesis the Lord tells Adam that "cursed shall be the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of they life..."  Through out the scriptures you read of the Lord cursing the ground "for thy/their sakes".  I always thought... of course He is... they aren't doing what they are suppose to... I thought of it as a punishment.  Today, I was enlightened (I'm smirking... but I did have a thought)... of course it is for our sake... it turns our hearts back to him.  It truly is for our good... the only way we can return to our Heavenly Father is by repenting & coming to Christ.  There is no better way to get me to "come unto Christ" but throw a trial in my path... the bugs instantly brought on a conversation with my Heavenly Father.  Yesterday we headed to the creek... with all the rain the one path was VERY overgrown... possibly with poison ivy... instant prayer in my heart began... & stayed... & remains still.  Last night as we knelt in family prayer... you guessed it!  We all prayed that we didn't get poison ivy.  When life is going well, no bugs or bumps, it's just human nature to forget the Lord.  So, thank-you for my bugs... poison ivy... & boulders.  Hopefully, they keep me on track & help me back to that heavenly home... a much better person than when I left.    

Comments

kandi said…
awesome and inspiring

Popular Posts