Good day today.  Porter has been sitting with Bro. Griesmeyer the past few Sundays.  He loves it.  That opens up room for Rebekah to sit beside me... Isabelle's on the other side & Victoria on my lap.  She's the only child that reached 3.5 yrs. & didn't get kicked off my lap by another baby.  I am afraid she'll still be sitting on my lap at age 10!  But then again, maybe that's not so bad.  Ryan spends the first Sunday of the month "interviewing" the kids.  They talk about how things are going, any problems or concerns, and review goals the kids have set.  Hopefully it's creating a tradition & building a relationship that will come in handy in years to come...   Rachel made homemade bread & yummy sandwiches for a nice dinner with family.  The kids enjoyed their walk through the woods... coming home with a box turtle, toad, deer skull & bones as well as a 5 foot long snake skin.  They also came across a baby deer.  I love watching the kids play with cousins.  They are forging relationships that will last through eternity!  

Gratitude Journal:

1.  warm sun on my face
2.  watermelon... I can eat 1/2 a watermelon in 1 sitting!
3.  modern day plumbing... it comes in handy after #2!
4.  humor... it makes the world bearable.
5.  my dashingly handsome partner in crime...

The other day after a VERY rough 16 hours Ryan climbed into bed with me & expressed sincere sympathy for the day I had.  The things he said were the sweetest I've ever heard.   His eyes showed absolute sincerity.  At that moment I loved him more than I ever had.  I feel truly blessed to have him as my eternal companion.  I love the way we have & hope we continue to grow together as we attempt to raise our 6 hooligans!  I feel sorry for those young men that marry our girls... he's setting the bar INCREDIBLY high!

Comments

Popular Posts