Faith vs. God's Will

I've struggled with this for a while now. My understanding of the two seem to contradict one another. So, I've started praying that the Lord will help me understand the difference between great faith bringing about miracles and accepting trials & hardships as God's will in my life. You see, there are both. I hear of miracles brought about by great faith but then I also hear of righteous individuals who endure lives full of trials... Job is a perfect example. He had amazing, incomparable faith yet it was God's will for him to go through all that he did. It served God's purpose and in the end Job was blessed. So, when is it truly a lack of faith or just God's will that it is what it is? So my quest goes...

As I ran today I pondered the above... my first thoughts on the matter are these:
Finding and accepting God's will and moving forward through trials is having great faith. Accepting realities and moving forward with faith in His will for us isn't a lack of faith but actually shows great faith. It's as if I am saying, "You know the righteous desires of my heart. I have faith that if it is Your will that they will come to pass. I trust that Thou knowest better than I what I need right now. I am placing this burden in Your hands. Help me move forward accepting what is right now, trusting that all will be as it should." That is trusting in the Lord and exercising great faith. Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of my favorite scriptures...
5 ¶ aTrust in the Lord with all thine bheart; and lean not unto thine cown dunderstanding.
6 In all thy ways aacknowledge him, and he shall bdirect thy cpaths.
We do not see the entire picture... God sees the entire screen as we watch through a peep hole at times. I guess that is where the "thou shalt not judge" comes in. Time and time again I have learned this lesson... and time and time again I have been humbled as I past judgement not seeing the entire picture. My heart aches for those enduring trials and in addition enduring harsh judgements from others that just don't know. Debbie sent this link a while back & I just got around to listening to it. It's wonderful...


Comments

kged said…
Thanks. I've been pondering the same thing....a lot. I needed that.

Popular Posts