The Uncle Mark Rule

The Uncle Mark rule lives on in the Geddes home in Ohio. I (Ryan) have told our kids stories about how growing up in Ogden all the siblings would help Grandma do Sunday dishes (we weren't very good at helping other days) but Mark would always seem to wander into the living room and play hymns on the piano. Some of us would complain that he was not helping but Grandma was so pleased and proud to hear him playing he became exempt from helping with the dishes.

I now offer any of our kids the same exemption status under the "Uncle Mark Rule". The other day as I was cleaning the kitchen after breakfast I found that both Sam and Casey were playing the piano together to get out of clean up duties. I too enjoy music in our musically challenged home. I defer to Uncle Mark to verify if the exemption can be offered to multiple individuals at the same time???

Ryan

Comments

Popular Posts