Driving... AGAIN!

Saturday morning 4AM up an' at 'em. The car is packed as well as all the kids. We head out by 6AM for a 5.5 hour drive to our ole Kentucky home! The kids had an absolute ball. Sam, Rebekah & Izy stayed the night with the Manire's. Casey stayed the night at the Sovar's (these are the kindest, sweetest boys I know). That left me with Victoria & Porter... we had a fun night eating pizza & playing arcade games with my dear friend Kandi & her family. After a long day of driving and playing we hit the sack early! Sunday we headed to church with Glen. It was stake conference this week in KY so we opted to attend a Baptist church with our adopted Grandpa! I was excited for the kids to attend a different denomination than ours. It was a good service & reminded me of all the good people that are trying to follow Jesus Christ the best they can, just like me. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the bad in the world. It's nice to be reminded that there are good people everywhere! We went back to the hotel for a quick lunch & nap! Then headed out to visit a few old friends, a walk around our favorite neighborhood...

dinner with the Duncan's...
fun at the Duncan's...
even a private tea party at the Duncan's...
We stopped by Ms. Pam's on the way "home". She is the kids' favorite teacher EVER! I just don't think we'll ever find anyone as wonderful as her. It really made us homesick. Porter asked, "can we move to Kentucky?" Sam would move back in a heartbeat. I'm sure it's the place that feels the most like home for them. I miss the parks, the greenbelt, AMAZING schools & a great job for Ryan. I hope we will find a place to really call home someday. Until then, Zanesville is a good spot to call home. The kids have great friends here not to mention AMAZING cousins! We had a wonderful visit in KY & are now ready to get back to life & school...

Comments

Maren said…
Thanks Jonnette!!! We loved visiting with all of you!! Come back soon =) We miss the Geddes' in KY.

Popular Posts