Influence of books...

Porter was working his way through a world history encyclopedia (for kids). He was fascinated by many of the pictures... it's a 400+ page book. He sat and looked at each page. The pictures of the early animals & the theory of evolution puzzled him. It gave us an opportunity to discuss truths and theories. We talked about how we can always know truth... through the Holy Ghost! We talked about why baptism & confirmation are such amazing gifts. Through the gift of the Holy Ghost we can know ALL things. He continued to ask what was true & what wasn't. Somethings I wasn't quite sure of. I told him he would have to study it then ask Heavenly Father. The Holy Ghost would let him know what was true.


I finished two books this week. Black Beauty & Little Lord Fauntleroy (I opened it yesterday... & just finished it this morning.) I must say, it is one of my favorite books... I would thoroughly enjoy becoming a philanthropist! However, I have been struggling with people lately. My naive, innocent, ignorant trust in people has been very jaded since moving to Zanesville. Ryan would often say, "You can't trust people like that." Well, I don't anymore. I want to get it back. I believe it will have to be conscious decision after conscious decision. I love the quote from Randy Pausch;
"When you're frustrated with people, when they've made you angry, it just may be because you haven't given them enough time. If you wait long enough people will surprise and impress you. ...in the end people will show you their good side. Almost everybody has a good side. Just keep waiting. It will come out!"
My goal this week is to only think good thoughts about family & friends... I'll start with them. Eventually, my goal is to end each day without uttering a negative comment in idol conversation. We had a missionary here a few months back that had to be the most positive person I ever met. He didn't always have the easiest of companions & never did he utter a negative word... about ANYTHING! Any negative comment made he somehow found something positive to say.

Still struggling with planning for the future... as I kneel & pray I continue to ask for guidance & express my trust in His plan, then plead to understand His plan. I open my scriptures & read. It talks of remembering how He has delivered our fathers out of bondage & preserved them; his mercy & long suffering towards His people; keeping His commandments & prospering in the land; as well as the marvelous works God does. There was a quiet peace I felt. The Lord is in control. I can trust in His plan. Everything will work out the way it is SUPPOSE to. It may not be my plan, but it will be the best plan... so again, be patient!

Comments

Popular Posts