rotten pudding?

I pick Samantha up from school yesterday. We run to LMIS (Rebekah & Casey attend here) to talk with a few teachers. Sam has to use the bathroom so I wait until she returns to watch Victoria in the car. As I start into the school Sam opens her door and shouts, "Mom, there were 2 puddings in the fridge, I took one & it was rotten! I opened it at lunch & there were hard round things on the top." I replied, "That's tapioca." Sam says, "Yea, it was all through it. It was rotten." I explain, "Sam, that's tapioca. There are round clear things all through it. It's suppose to be there. That's tapioca pudding" We laugh as Sam says, "Oh!" It was so funny to see her expressions. I can just imagine her opening her pudding during lunch & quietly tucking it aside to be thrown away.
I remember loving tapioca pudding. I'm not sure if it was because I liked tapioca pudding or if it was the only kind of pudding we had. Now my mom makes the most amazing vanilla & chocolate pudding for pies. Once in a while I'll make it... it is SO good warm. There's nothing like made from scratch, straight off the stove pudding.
Kids are loving school. Things are going better than I could have imagined. What a blessing! Yesterday Victoria & I made bread bowls the color of pumpkins. I have been cooking a lot better meals now that I am not playing teacher all day. Ryan made the comment, "I like mom the homemaker better than mom the teacher." I must agree...

Comments

Popular Posts