Good day... enjoyed the afternoon playing Zarahemla & Clue then a beautiful walk "over the hill & through the woods". We ended the evening eating yummy scones at a friends house. As I tucked the kids in bed and told them each "I love you" I thought of the following poem:

"I love you, Mother," said little John;

Then forgetting his work, his cap went on,

And he was off to the garden swing,

Leaving his Mother the wood to bring.


"I love you, Mother," said rosy Nell;

"I love you better than tongue can tell"

Then she teased and pouted for half the day,

Till her Mother rejoiced when she went to play.


"I love you, Mother," said little Fan.

"Today I'll help you call I can;

How glad I am that school doesn't keep".

So she rocked the baby till it fell asleep.

Then stepping softly, she took the broom,

And swept the floor, and dusted the room;

Busy and happy all day was she,

Helpful and cheerful as child could be.


"I love you, Mother," again they said,

three little children going to bed;

How do you think that mother guessed

which of them really loved her best?


But was REALLY thinking...

"I love you, children," said busy Mom;
Then forgetting the laundry, her shoes went on,
And she was off to the treadmill to run,

Leaving their soccer jerseys undone.


"I love you, children," said flustered Mom;
"I love you better than tongue can tell"
Then grouched and yelled for half the day,
Till her children rejoiced when she went away.


"I love you children," said tired Mom.
"Today I'll play with you all I can;
How glad I am that chores don't keep."
So she played outside till they all fell in a heap.

Then laughing softly, she hugged them tight,
And read a book with great delight;
Busy and happy all day was she,
Fun and loving as mother could be.


"I love you, children," again she said,
Six little children going to bed;
How do you think those children guessed
which of her really loved them best?

Comments

Popular Posts