Gratitude Journal:

1. Hot water
2. Daylight Savings
3. Early bedtimes... thanks to daylight savings
4. Quiet
5. Kids that set a good example... for me!

Casey was eyeing a leather journal while back to school shopping... it was $13. If he wanted to buy it that was fine. However, he is our little miser. He didn't want to part with his $13. I offered to buy him a $2 notebook (as well as each of the other kids) as a journal. If he wrote in it everyday until Christmas I would buy the $13 one FOR him. Well, it's November & he's plum filled the notebook. He has been so diligent in writing. I brought the leather journal home the other day & placed it on his bed. The following day I was in his room & opened the cover & found he had written something on the "title" page. It read, "I will only write happy things in this journal." I commented that he could write his feelings even if he were sad or disappointed. He answered quite simply, "No, I am only going to write happy things."

Comments

Popular Posts