Samantha wins writing contest... and $50

Beautiful Appalachian Ohio

By Samantha Geddes


How does Appalachian Ohio inspire me? Have you ever been to Appalachian Ohio? If so maybe you have been inspired by some of the same things that inspire me. Come with me, I will take you through Appalachian Ohio and you will see what inspires me.


Take a walk with me on a bright spring day in Appalachian Ohio. You will find rolling hills, gurgling streams and lush green meadows. Deer roam the hills. Walking by the stream you will hear the water trickling, the birds chirping and maybe even a fish jumping. The meadows are full of wild flowers.

Play with me in a slow moving stream, on a hot summer day in Appalachian Ohio. You will find cool refreshing water, perfect for wading in. Crawdads are easy to find. They look like little lobsters, with their long legs and big pinchers. Cool, wet mud oozes between your toes. Time rushes by while splashing with family.

Jump on a dirt bike and take a ride with me on a brisk fall day in Appalachian Ohio. The refreshing cool air seeps through your helmet. Riding over hills and through the tall grass is exciting. Flying over bumps and through the crackling leaves.

Run through the snow with me on a cold winter morning in Appalachian Ohio. Fresh snowflakes cover the ground like a white fleece blanket. There are no roads, they are covered with a new layer of snow. It’s a snow day, no school. We rush down to eat breakfast, then bundle up and run outside to make the first steps in the new snow.


I hope you enjoyed our trip through Appalachian Ohio. The seasons are what inspire me. I am inspired to slow down and spend more time in nature with my family. I hope that you too, can find something inspiring here in Appalachian Ohio.


Comments

Tressa Card said…
I love it Sam. You did a great job!!!
Love you,Tressa
Kristen said…
So impressed with your writing Sam. Your mother must be a teacher. Jo -- love reading your blog - you are amazing.

Popular Posts