Last year sometime Ryan dropped the crock part of our crock-pot. I couldn't find an affordable replacement part so we bought a new one. Ever since, I have burnt or over cooked EVERYTHING I try to cook in it. I first blamed it on the brand I bought. I rationalized that the soccer club was in need of a crock-pot & kindly donated it to them. I bought a different brand... the one I thought would do the trick... WRONG AGAIN! I continued to over cook everything. It was so frustrating. So, in fear of over cooking Samantha's favorite dish again, I headed to the web. Come to find out... they changed the voltage on most of the crock-pots. It was "unsafe" for food to sit at such low temperatures all day. Thankfully, someone posted that hers cooked at such a high temp. she used her warm setting as low & low as high! YEAH!!!! I finally had pork chops turn out 90% better. I got so used to the shorter cooking times & didn't plan accordingly. I had to use the low & high settings toward the end to get them finished.

So, we are eating the leftovers & Casey says...

These are so much better! I didn't like the pork chops before when they were kind of burnt.

Why did you eat it then?

To make you feel good. I eat a lot of stuff I don't like but you can't tell, I'm good at that you know.

Comments

Kristen said…
How cute of Casey, my boys are a little too vocal if they aren't thrilled with the cuisine.

Popular Posts