1 Peter 1:6-7 (King James Version)

6Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Now if I can just REALLY embrace this!


Gratitude Journal:

1. Ice-Cream!
2. Hot showers... going on 3 today.
3. Inspiration... a new look or thought.
4. Obedience... it gets me up & where I am suppose to be.
5. Whisperings of the spirit... I love Richard G. Scott's analogy:
"The inspiring influence of the Holy Spirit can be overcome or masked by strong emotions, such as anger, hate, passion, fear, or pride. When such influences are present, it is like trying to savor the delicate flavor of a grape while eating a jalapeƱo pepper. Both flavors are present, but one completely overpowers the other. In like manner, strong emotions overcome the delicate promptings of the Holy Spirit." I have tried to keep this in mind as I deal with heated situations. Tonight I had a little girl yell at me, stomp away, disobey, tell me a VERY defiant "NO", slam the door & not go to bed. Then after tucking everyone else in asks me to please tuck her in... angrily I said, "Go GET IN YOUR BED & I'll tuck you in." As I tuck her in she is crying telling me "never mind, it doesn't mean it if you are mad at me." Believe me when I say I literally wanted to pull my hair out. I've tried it a few times... it hurts, not as bad as pounding my head against the wall... but hurts nonetheless. The analogy Elder Scott gave has stuck... it came to mind tonight as I told her, "I'm not mad at you, my feelings are hurt." Then kissed her goodnight. She continued to tell me how horrible tomorrow was going to be... I tried to comfort her & told her to come snuggle with me in the morning... "I'll tell you how much I love you & how wonderful you are then you can start your day." Satisfied she asked if I could rub her back or do "that one thing"... I start at her toes & massage her up to the top of her head. It seems to relax her & help her get to sleep. I'm not sure if life will ever get easy... hopefully I find a way to rejoice in it... despite the season.

Comments

Popular Posts