6AM (Porter) MOM, MOM, MOM, I'm not going to be ready in time! CAN YOU HELP ME WITH MY LIST!!!!! Growls at his sister. Makes a horrible mean mad face & stomps around. (Victoria) WHINE CRY WHINE CRY multiplied by a bazillion! I can't find the wipes... it's too cold... blah blah blah! I am kneeling trying to say my prayer & more teasing/crying begins... all I can think to pray is "please help me get through this morning, please help me get through this morning" I honestly couldn't think of anything else to say, talk about repetitive... I must have uttered the same phrase 10 times before I finally just said amen. At this point all I want to do is climb back in bed and pull the covers over my head... it's 6AM there are WAY too many hours left in this day! (Counting in my head....) 13, 13 hours till bed time... I can make it 13 hours!

Hour 11.5 Dinner time... squabbling begins Izy hits Porter! We have an ABSOLUTELY NO hitting policy... Izy goes to her room the rest of the night... that is when she isn't coming OUT of her room for SOMETHING! Victoria is crying about the food... "I don't like it!" You know the book "Ms. Nelson is Missing"? Well, Miss Viola Swamp the mom appeared tonight for a wee bit. There was slopping of food, demands to "eat it" and a promise of NO dessert. The only thing missing was the ugly black dress. Completely demoralized I sat & ate my dinner. Then, someone asked for more. I was trying to get someone to finish it off. I didn't have any takers then yelled, "I SAID EAT IT!" I was joking of course. Rebekah, Porter & Ryan about jumped out of their skin. Sam just looked at me with this blank stare... like "are you for real?" It broke the tension & we laughed a bit. I breathed a deep breath & thought... 45 min! I can make 45 min.

Hour 13, Snuggle Time:
Snuggle time was an every night affair when Sam, Casey & Rebekah were babies. Once Isabelle & Porter came along it was every once in a while. By the time Victoria arrived it had gone by the wayside. Well, in the past few months in hopes of modifying some negative behavior I've resurrected snuggle time. It's worked! Behaviors are changing for the better (you wouldn't know it by this morning, but they are!) & I am enjoying the quiet time with each child. Victoria likes to hear the story about Grandpa Adamson taking me to the milk farm to get milk. She interjects during the exciting parts... like when I yell "YES" to go with my dad or when the dogs chase our car & I stick my head out the window & say in my mind "na-na-boo-boo you can't catch me". Porter says, "Mom, I want fiction! I don't want to hear about the milk farm. I want fiction." So, he hears about Prince Porter rescuing Princess Victoria from a fire breathing dragon with a horrible case of the hiccups! The next morning I have the hiccups & Victoria roars like the fire breathing dragon... shooting fire with each hiccup. Isabelle likes her back scratched or a firm massage. Rebekah enjoys listening to me read Little House on the Prairie. Tonight I ran down to tuck Casey in & he asks if I'll lay down with him. "Sure" I say as I jump in next to him. As we are laying there Casey says, "I think Duke deserves a top seed. They are 16-0 at home. They lost to... who do you think will win?" That boy is 24/7 sports. He's a bit of a Chatty Cathy too. The minute I get in the car to take them to/from school he is spouting facts along with his 2 cents. If it isn't sports it's science or weather. Sam on the other hand enjoys her silence. I jump in bed with her and we just lay there together both enjoying the closeness as well as the silence.

Comments

Popular Posts