March Madness...

Brackets Brackets Brackets!!! That's the #1 priority in this house right now. Most everyone has made their picks. Porter still needs to finish his in the morning. The games officially start tomorrow! Then the fun begins. I am hoping the tears & disappointments are kept to a minimum. We've had some pretty tense moments during this "fun" geddes tradition.

Today was absolutely beautiful. Victoria was outside all afternoon. The kids came home & were playing basketball, jumping on the trampoline & riding scooters. Spring is coming. It's so nice to sit outside with the sun on your face again. I do hope it stays. More boxes are piling up. Most closets are empty & boxed up. I'm hoping to get through the rest of the basement by next week... hmmm we'll see!

Gratitude Journal:

1. An accountant that misplaced a decimal...

Before we paid our 3rd quarter taxes I asked the accountant to run the numbers to make sure we wouldn't have a huge tax bill come April 15th. All was well, we were told. End of February I get an email stating we owed $15,000 to the IRS! I was a BIT surprised. How could they be that off? So, I cut our budget in half & started using up our everyday food storage... we're moving & I didn't want to pack it anyway! I'm accounting for every penny. We wiped out our savings to put a large deposit down on the new house, the people were nervous about us backing out. Anyway, I get an email today, she had made a major decimal error! YEAH for us. After all the returns are filed we end up owing a total of $2400!

Comments

Popular Posts