Ryan is on shift 5 of 15 in 15 days (sigh). What happened to the so called leisure life of a doc?

The simple life is calling... we'll see if Missouri answers. Maybe not, but I am choosing to think positively. We are heading out for a quiet walk through the woods. The kids are happy, I am grateful the sun is shining & Ryan is, obviously, working.

(*&%$#$@%$*&*^%#^%) AHHHHHHHHH! I am ordering a mom replacement!

I rescind my previous statement... the kids are now fighting, I am going to blow & Ryan is OBVIOUSLY STILL working.

So much for thinking positively... today stinks!

LATER...

We head out on a walk. Rebekah packs a few snacks & water in Porter's backpack. Porter, somehow, is assigned to carry the backpack. It is a little heavy. As we walk he falls behind with Victoria & me. I offered to carry the pack. Victoria is getting whiny. Porter offers to carry HER! That doesn't last long as they both tumbled to the ground in a heap of laughter. Off they run trying to catch up with everyone else. We find them crossing their favorite "balance beam", a fallen tree limb over a small ravine. On to the creek...


This is my favorite spot. It is SO peaceful. I sit on the bank enjoying the quiet & their laughter. Unfortunately, Victoria takes a plunge into the cold water. With a little help, a few tears and a bit of coaxing she makes it to the bridge. She walks with me on the path while the others continue on through the stream. Porter's shoe gets stuck. He pulls his foot out & the creek bottom swallows it. Not wanting to fall behind, he keeps going. Once he catches up to everyone he tells them about the hungry creek bottom. They look & look but never find the lost shoe. Meanwhile, Victoria is at the resting spot... the favorite bridge where everyone likes to play. She takes a few steps into the water and starts screaming... running back up the bank. "There are animals with big pinching things that will bite me!" she cries. Crawdads? No, just the vegetation swaying in the current. Sam, Casey & Rebekah take off. We follow. As we make the walk up the big hill we find a few interesting remains. Isabelle takes pictures to share with classmates. Porter theorizes about what happened. Victoria says, "ooooo, gross!" We head home, eat dinner & are off to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts