We have a humanitarian project at church. Sam & I run into town to pick up a few groceries for home & a couple items for the humanitarian project. I get out to the car, pop the trunk, lay my wallet & keys down, load the groceries into the trunk & close the trunk. The minute it latched shut I knew what I had done... I call Ryan flustered & irritated. I'm barking, "call the Honda dealer see if they are still open. No, call a lock smith, I don't know just get me into this car." It's my mom's car, she hasn't come to pick it up yet. It's parked in the driveway so it's easier to jump in & go. Unfortunately, it only has 1 set of keys. I'm standing outside the car steaming... how could I be so STUPID! Sam climbs onto the trunk smiling, happy to have a yogurt to eat. Our newly established family motto is "BE KIND". It keeps running through my head. I tell myself it doesn't really matter if I get to church on time or not. There will be plenty other flannel, mats and cutters. I stress out so much about things that really are not as big a deal as how I handle them. So, Sam throws me my orange & gives me a "join me on the trunk" look. I climb up and call Ryan... a bit less crazed. A lock smith will arrive within 10 minutes. He tells me to have him use the 2nd tool, the 1st one doesn't work. What? Come to find out he had already done the same thing a couple weeks ago... he just forgot to tell me. 5 minutes & $40 later we are on our way to church.

Comments

Popular Posts