The Drive...

9 PM We fill up with gas & are off on our adventure. My allergies help in keeping me awake... how do you sleep while blowing your nose every 2 minutes?! The kids are settling down & begin to fall asleep. I listen to the music & let my mind wander. It's 11PM & I notice one of the tail lights missing off the trailer. I pull off & check, sure enough it had fallen off & was smashed to bits. 1 down, 1 to go... hopefully not until dawn! It's midnight, I'm getting sleepy. I call Tressa to find out how far I am from the next rest stop. 10 more miles & I pull in for a quick potty break and a few zzz's. As soon as I am asleep the kids get restless. 30 minute nap... I am awake again & not sleepy. I get everyone situated and off we go. Another hour of mind wandering & music. Another call to Tressa for the location of the next rest stop. Another pit stop & nap. This time I sleep 2 hours. A phone call from Aaron wakes me up. He can't sleep... waiting for us to arrive. Off we go again... A few hours pass. I'm 30 miles from St. Louis & am tired again... only 30 more miles. I only have to make it to St. Louis... Aaron will take over from there. A wrong exit & 30 minutes later we are back on track... still 30 minutes to the airport. We finally arrive, Aaron climbs into the drivers seat. I climb into the back seat with Porter and Isabelle. Aaron has breakfast for everyone. I get a quick nap while he drives. The check oil light comes on. This is the first of many times I'll say, "I am so thankful Aaron is with me!" He takes care of it and we are off. We pull in & everyone jumps out & explores our new home.

Comments

Popular Posts