Firsts...

Our first Sunday...

Let's just say it started out with a BANG! Mom lost it, Casey pulled one of his "moments" & I LOST it. Not much more to say...

We get there in time to find a seat right before church begins. The kids find their classes. I go to mine. All in all a regular Sunday. We are standing in the hall waiting for Grandma when Samantha's Beehive advisor walks up & introduces herself. Then another sister walks up & we talk a little. Sam begins to tear up & buries her face in my shoulder. We gather everyone up and walk out to the car. Casey keeps asking why Sam is crying. Porter finally says, "Someone probably KICKED her!" It was hilarious. I asked Sam if she heard Porter. She shook her head no. I repeated what he said and instantly she found her smile again. Nothing like a little humor to make things okay!

Our first day of school...

Started out in tears! Samantha was overwhelmed with the thought of a new school, new teachers, new classes & NO friends! She was the first to get dropped off. She didn't want to go. Isabelle recommended we drop her off last. I knew it wouldn't be any better if we waited. I hopped out of the car went over to her side & gave her the best pep talk I could think of... "You can do this. You are brave & confident. You are going to make new friends. You CAN do this. When it gets hard just think of Porter... and getting kicked! Think of us & how much we love you. You always have us. We will always be here. You can do this." We walked into school my arm around her. The tears slowed as she entered the school. I kissed her goodbye & walked out, in tears myself. The other drops all went smoothly. Everyone came home with smiles.

Ryan's first tour of our home...

He approved! I wasn't too worried. I knew he would love it & he does. We took a walk around the property planning where to put the barn, garden & tree house! I didn't realize we have about 4 acres perfect for exploring & adventures! It was so nice to have him here. It's taking me longer to recoup than normal. I am really tired & not bouncing back. It's great to have him hear to lean on.

Ryan's first shift...

LONG... he had to go in a few hours early, making it a 12 hour shift. After being here 2 days & the kids not seeing him much Rebekah commented, "I thought we moved here to see Dad more!" I assured her we would. He works 4 shifts then has 7 days off... in a row!


Comments

Popular Posts