I made a list & checked it twice. Googled our directions & headed to KC. I had planned plenty of time to run the errands & return to pick Porter up from school... or so I thought. The closest PBK & Costco were downtown KC... the Plaza area. I finished at PBK & as I entered Costco I set my timer so I would have at least an hour to make the 35 min. drive back to the school. Back in the car heading home... trying to follow the directions in reverse. Oops... wrong street, then a one way & I was LOST! NO problem, I tend to have a decent sense of direction & figured I could wing it. I’m one of those people who look at the pictures then start in on a project only checking the manual when I’m stuck. It works well for me... 90% of the time. So, I’m in KC completely lost. There are some REALLY nice areas in downtown KC... the Plaza for example. There are also so me REALLY yucky areas in downtown KC... the areas I was lost in. So, I’m starting to get a little freaked out & feeling quite naked without my map (I sent it with my mom when she picked her car up in Ohio). I am NOT going to make it back in time to pick Porter up. I’m thinking, “Who can I call, who can I call?” Jeanie is not a map person. Tressa, maybe she can google me out of here. I call her, she jumps on the computer & starts googling streets I am passing. After 5-10 minutes of going in circles she says, “I need an exact address. Do you see one?” I say, “Yes, 2596..... uh... uh... something!” There is silence... a shaking head and stifled laughter I’m sure ... I am totally freaking out about leaving Porter at school. She then asks, “Can you give me a street name?” I don’t see any! She googles the school & calls while I stop & buy a map. I call her back & we figure out the route home. Thankfully, cars were moving very quickly & we have a 70 mph speed limit. I make it back to Porter’s school just as the next to last kid... Porter is obviously the last kid.... jumps in his car. What would I do without sisters... calm sisters no less!?

Comments

Popular Posts