It HAD to be garbage day TODAY! We set the trampoline up on Saturday. I had left 1 box unpacked... the enclosure box, the net thing. My thinking was to get the trampoline set up first. Next thing I knew I had all these poles lying around. Where did they come from & where do they go? I looked over the instructions & then realized... they are the enclosure poles. Ryan had unpacked the box. Ryan & I my thinking is so extremely different when it comes to building/assembling/packing/etc. It's frustrating for both of us to work together on these kind of projects. Well, the sky started to turn grey & before we knew it a storm was on top of us with 60-70 mph winds. Springs were flying everywhere. The kids were scrambling to get the pool stuff put away as Tressa & Ryan were gathering springs. I finished the trampoline that night after the storm passed around 10pm. It has a very nice bounce!
Well, it's Tuesday morning... garbage day! Ryan leaves for work & I go out to finish the trampoline. I put the pad on & start on the enclosure. I look for the foam sleeves & can't find them anywhere. I call Ryan, fearing the worst... he threw them away! "Please tell me you didn't throw the foam around the poles away." Silence... then a quiet, "yes, I did." The garbage man had already come. They are back ordered until August on line plus carry a hefty price tag of $90 plus tax & shipping! It's hard not to get frustrated with our different thought processes... the foam is to soften the impact when the kids hit the metal enclosure poles. I didn't open the box because I knew I wouldn't get to it & didn't want to misplace any pieces... Ryan was thinking he'd get all the pieces to the trampoline down where we were assembling it (he didn't see the box was marked as enclosure). He saw foam & thought packing material... garbage! 98% of the time we are a great fit... almost perfect! The other 2%... as opposite as can be. I'm trying my own advice to a frustrated teenager last week... deep breaths, this isn't a big deal, calm down, let's think. So, I come up with... Ryan is a great guy, if there is anything he can do to help me he does. It is most often when he is trying to help that things like this happen... Some hardware store in town should carry the foam we need... hopefully for a lot less than $100... we'll see?! Bottom line... Ryan is working 2 jobs right now... he's maxed out. We just moved... I'm maxed out. However, the sun is shining & life will settle down... in August!

Comments

Popular Posts