School starts this week! I am so looking forward to a schedule. I love summer. However, by the end I am tired of the free for all and ready to have a little more structure. There are so many things I need to document... and so little time.

Ryan and I had a fun little get away to my 20 yr. High School Reunion. I can't believe I am almost a middle aged gal... maybe I am now & just didn't realize it. 40... in 17 months! Where did all those years go? Oh yes, they were spent getting pregnant, giving birth, getting fat and nursing! 40 keeps looking better and better! 17 of the 36 graduates from Tampico High School showed up. It was a fun evening. Ryan and I spent the other time with my sister, brother & mom still living there. We drove down to Nauvoo on Sunday after a nice lunch with family. Monday morning we enjoyed a session at the temple. As crazy as this sounds, it was the best weekend we have ever had together... in rural Illinois!

I am having a lot of "I don't like motherhood" moments. I can't seem to get things right. I am struggling with the "I'm bored's, What can I do's, It's not my mess's, and last but not least... So & so isn't helping's". It's been blistering hot here... I think we had a heat warning for the past 2 weeks straight. It's been too hot to swim! The water is 93*. What's the point of jumping into a hot pool on a hot day? The other evening it finally broke & I was in heaven. The kids were riding bikes down the hill... it was so cute. I love the giggling and laughter as they ride double on the banana seat bikes.
Costco has become a fun treat. We head down around 10AM. Finish shopping and sampling by 11:30AM then eat lunch... and if they are really good, they get to split a yummy desert. Costco servings are HUGE & CHEAP!

Back to school shopping consisted of Jeanie picking me up at 10:30PM! It was wonderful... no kids to struggle with and they were excited that the school supply fairy had come in the middle of the night!

Speaking of fairies... while Ryan & I were enjoying our weekend getaway Rebekah lost a tooth. She mentioned the next day on the phone she had lost her tooth. She then exclaims... "I got $2! We must have a new tooth fairy here!" You see, the tooth fairy in Ohio was pathetic. We finally had to fire her. I made a deal with the kids, I paid them the $$ for their teeth then I would wait for the tooth fairy to EVENTUALLY show up and reimburse me. I didn't realize you got a NEW tooth fairy when you move...

Izy turns 9... we spent the day at World's of Fun. The kids enjoyed roller coasters all day. Too bad we hit the Boomerang 2 times in a row... unfortunately, it didn't sit well with Ryan. He paid for it the rest of the day! We thought for sure he was going to loose his breakfast after getting off the 1st time. The day ended as an "I'm not liking motherhood" evening. The kids had been running on very little sleep & it was 9PM! Kids started falling apart like Mr. Potato head. I got so frustrated... aren't they suppose to be thanking us like crazy for spending ALL day with them running all over a park riding rides instead of staying home getting the house put together and everything organized for the new school year FAST approaching?! It was Isabelle's birthday so we stopped for ice-cream on the way home. Before we could even get out of the car someone told Izy her feet stunk... which wasn't what she "heard". What she "heard" was... "I don't like you!" So, she then returns a swift smack! Obviously, we pulled out of the parking lot ice-cream less! The next day was spent cleaning... ALL DAY!

On a more positive note...

1. Samantha is working on her Personal Progress A LOT! She is also babysitting regularly. She opened her first checking account.
2. Casey has moved to the basement. He will have his 1st class (Boy Scouts) before his 12th birthday! He turns 12 in 18 days!!
3. Rebekah has taken to heart the lesson taught about selflessness! She doesn't need glasses (we found a REALLY cute pair... I must say I was a little disappointed!). She is excited for school to start... her classroom has a bunny that hops around the room!
4. Isabelle is LOVING having another sister... yes sister! That is what Jaycie is like. Spending all day everyday isn't enough time together! They would live together if they could... what will they do when school starts?!
5. Porter's poison ivy is looking A LOT better! He is enjoying his own room with an extra set of bunk beds... waiting for Cooper and Tate to come fill them!
6. Victoria continues to humble me... the kids tell me all the naughty things she does in primary each Sunday. She keeps those smiles coupled with the head shake coming. Everyone needs a bit of Victoria Pie... aka humble pie! She's just so darn CUTE!

Comments

Anonymous said…
love you guys! hugs rb

Popular Posts