I completed my first 1/2 marathon this morning! I signed Ryan & I up in March... I had high hopes of it motivating me to keep running through out the move... NO SUCH LUCK! Instead I stopped running all together for 6 months. Jeanie & I started running a few miles a few times a week at the end of the summer. My longest run in a year has been 4 miles. I was a bit unprepared to say the least. However, running with Jeanie has been helpful mentally. She runs faster than I do. To keep up pushes me each time I run with her. Mentally I knew I could finish... how quickly was another story. After a long bathroom stop (3 minutes!) my official time was 1:54:14 / 8:44 pace. Unofficially, my garmin had us at 1:51:12 / 8:29 pace... it stopped calculating during my bathroom break. It's a very different race than a 5K. It was much more enjoyable. Less of the race feeling and more of the "out for a long run" feeling. I'm sure my body with be feeling the lack of preparation tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts