A blue morning turns sunny then sets very quickly but leaves a beautiful full moon shining! After getting the kids off to school I climbed back into bed... planning to stay there all day. After a 20 min. power nap the phone rang. After getting up Ryan and I decided to go split wood for a friend. Doing something for someone else always brightens my day (the sun came out). Half way through we ran out of gas. Ryan headed home & I returned with an ipod and a full gas can. I enjoyed the afternoon working outside listening to my music. I drove home & found Ryan loading the trailer with wood taking it down to our quite large wood pile. The kids were helping as well as Jeanie and Kasey. Little Casey decided Porter needed to be tackled!? Mom decided Casey would see how it felt... (rapid sunset!) We finished up the work and ate dinner. Porter throws a fit and looses his movie privilege. TEMPER TANTRUM!!! TEMPER TANTRUM!!! I am laying down with Porter trying to calm him when Casey comes in.....

P I don't want to live here, send me to an orphanage.

C Porter, I know how you feel. I have felt like that lots of time. You just have to go to sleep, you'll feel lots better in the morning.

P NO I WON'T

C Your lucky you don't throw things. I throw things & then break stuff... (implies he has to pay for them).

C Then you wake up in the morning and you can't believe you did all that stuff.

It was the most Casey has ever talked about his tantrums... they really are something else. It was nice to hear his thoughts. He doesn't share like that very much. It was a very sweet moment between big brother & little brother. Then the phone rings. Isabelle is at Jaycie's and she's crying. She's exhausted and doesn't know what is wrong. I am still laying by Porter. He asks to talk with her.

P Izy, when I go somewhere I always take something from home. Did you bring something with you?

I Yes, my blankie.

P When I start to miss home I always squeeze it really hard and it reminds me of mom and dad.

A minute later...

P I have something else to tell Izy. Izy, squeeze your blankie and suck your thumb. That can help too. I love you. Goodnight.

A beautiful moon is out!

Comments

Popular Posts